About Ford & Slater Newark
Certain key milestones in recent years include the following:
- Ford & Slater Norwich relocating to its new £2.1m dealership in 2004
- a new service dealership was opened in Corby in Nov 2006
- Ford & Slater relocating to a new £1.4m Spalding facility in 2007
- Ford & Slater opened its new Coventry dealership in 2011
- We relocated our Newark dealership to the Currys Vehicle Maintenance Unit in Nov 2011
- Six ATFs across the Ford & Slater group as at Oct 2012
As a privately-owned company we are able to take a long-term view. The Company owns the freehold of its premises where possible, profits have been re-invested since 1991 and security of employment is very important to the shareholders.
Our Company mission statement is to exceed our customer’s expectations by offering high quality transport services in an ethical manner at competitive prices.
We will achieve this by effectively utilizing the synergies within our dealership group, offering innovative solutions and a “one-stop shop” provided by highly motivated and skilled long-term employees, reinvesting profits to provide modern, safe premises.
DAF Trucks is our only truck manufacturer relationship and this sole franchise relationship means that our interests are wholly aligned with DAF Trucks unlike other dealers which have competing manufacturer relationships. DAF Trucks is a subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacture of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles.
All transactions are subject to our standard conditions of business which can be viewed here - a hard copy is available on request.